Friday, July 31, 2009

Why is my daughter missing her canine teeth?

She has a good set of everything else, but I'm wondering why her canines haven't come in? She's 18 months, and I know she has time, it's the pattern (canines last and delayed from the others) that I wonder about. Has anyone else seen this pattern of dental development?

Why is my daughter missing her canine teeth?
Canines have a tendency to slow down when it comes to eruption. They usually go to the wrong side because anatomically they take the longest path to reach their final position and they are very angulated in the way they come down. It is very essential that you get your child checked by your orthodontist once every year or two to avoid significant problems in the future. Hope this helps!
Reply:it does sound a little peculiar but honestly it does not really mean anything. Mouths are peculiar things, I myself had 3 sets of canines, 1 baby set, 2 grown up sets, the one on the bottom left never grew and I have a small bump in my mouth where the 3rd one failed to develop. I even remember the dentist being surprised at having to remove the same tooth twice.





I also have a friend where one of his incisors was never developed at all, either as a baby or as an adult.





I would not be too concerned right now, it is peculiar but if you are really concerned see a dentist.








odds are it will come in eventually.



downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net