Friday, July 31, 2009

The front door's zipper in my tent is missing some teeth. Can I get it repaired?

Yes you can get it repaired. As mentioned somebody that is handy with a sewing machine can do it. Hopefully you can find a friend that is willing to do it. You didn't mention what brand of tent you have %26amp; how much you paid for the unit. But if you have to job the sewing out to a shop keep in mind that it just might be more cost effective to buy a new tent. Also if you have a a quality name brand it still might be covered under warranty. I own a Eureka brand that it's zipper was covered under warranty 2 years after buying it. Another tent I own is a cheaper brand and I had some seam issues with it aftewr loaning it to a friend. I priced out having the tent patched and it was almost as much as just buying a new tent.

The front door's zipper in my tent is missing some teeth. Can I get it repaired?
If someone you know is handy with a sewing machine, you could buy a replacement zipper for less than a dollar at a craft store and sew a new one on.
Reply:1. Check to see if it's under warranty.


2. Repair places: Tarp makers/upholstery shops. Get estimate first.



web design and hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net