Saturday, July 25, 2009

Missing Permanent Teeth?

Before I had a fixed bridge made at age 18, most of my bottom teeth were all baby teeth, except for each side, a tooth each at the very back. Also there was a baby tooth on the left top side. I've never had any permanent teeth in these areas, and I never had wisdom teeth. The dentists told me I had 16 permanent teeth that never formed, so the baby teeth were still there until I had them pulled out and had a fixed bridge to take its place.


What was the name of this dental condition called?

Missing Permanent Teeth?
"Congenitally missing teeth can occur in two variations, hypodontia and oligodontia. Hypodontia is characterized by the absence of six or fewer permanent teeth, while oligodontia is characterized by the absence of more than six permanent teeth."





I'm missing one permanent tooth, myself, and still have the baby tooth at age 36. It's actually larger than the tooth that would have taken its place, kind of interesting, but it makes the midpoint of my bottom teeth a little 'off.'
Reply:Hypodontia or partial anodontia



Poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net