Saturday, July 25, 2009

Norwalk Virus left me with 2 teeth missing 5 stiches what can I eat with a straw ensuring all proper nutrients

Collapsing from Norwalk virus resulted in loosing two teeth and gaining 5 stitches in bottom lip right on Christmas Day. Only eating soup with a straw and Gatorade. Is this enough to ensure I getting all the right nutrients.

Norwalk Virus left me with 2 teeth missing 5 stiches what can I eat with a straw ensuring all proper nutrients
That's terrible! I'm so sorry!





Coincidental you used the word "ensure", because that is just what I am going to recommend. Drink three cans of Ensure or similar dietary supplement a day (assuming your medical conditions allow it, not allergic, not diabetic, etc). This is what we gave to everyone who's mouth was wired shut when I was a dental resident. If your doctor gave you any recommendations, definitely follow those, or if you have any doubts/uncertainties about my answer, ask your doctor for advice.





It's been 4 days now? Things should be close to healed. If you can comfortably eat some normal things, that would be good too. Just rinse with warm salt water after eating (1 tsp salt, 1 cup warm water).





I hope you get better soon. Take care.
Reply:I doubt the Gatorade is doing much for you. Try something like POM juice, which is high in antioxidants. There are also protein drinks that you can drink as well.



windows installer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net