Monday, April 20, 2009

Teeth aren't straight and oh yeah, missing teeth too (is this common?)?

well I have a question about something:





my teeth aren%26#039;t straight, and I was suggested to go and get braces but there is another problem. I got a full mouth x-ray and the dentist (a new one) said that I have alot of teeth missing. The thing is, my mouth is small so the teeth that I do have fit fine and If I had more then they wouldn%26#039;t. And the teeth that I do have don%26#039;t have roots either. Only about 3 of them do. So that means that, if I assume correctly then I have all my baby teeth still in my mouth. yikes..


I have 24 teeth in my mouth and I%26#039;m 20.





I was still encouraged to get braces from the dentist that did the x-ray and I think he%26#039;s mad! How can I get braces?!


I was thinking that they would fall out if I did get braces





(one question is well would they? or is this an irrational fear?)





since I don%26#039;t have roots to secure my teeth firmly into my jaw.





And is this very very rare to have a condition like mine?








thanks.

Teeth aren%26#039;t straight and oh yeah, missing teeth too (is this common?)?
Would like to see that full mouth x-ray of yours. It is not uncommon to have baby teeth in your age. Sometimes they are retained if the permanent teeth do not have enough potential to push the baby teeth out. Braces can be helpful in getting out the permanent teeth which are deep inside the bone. You need to visit an orthodontist for planning your treatment in a proper way.
Reply:When I was younger, the dentists never said that I had a missing tooth. At 13, I went to an orthodontist to get braces. That%26#039;s when they found out that I%26#039;m missing a tooth on the bottom row.





I had two options:


a) Squeeze my teeth so that it wouldn%26#039;t become lose when I%26#039;m old. But by doing this, I will have an even worse overbite.


b) Push it out, so that theres a space left. At 18, I will get a tooth implantation.





I chose option B, so they left a space. Theres a fake tooth (kinda) on my retainer, so it doesn%26#039;t look like i have a missing tooth.





Your problem seems a bit different though. I suggest you to go to a different dentist, and see if the results are the same. If they are, you should just listen to the dentist.








Hope that helps!


xoxox



girls myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net