Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What are the complications of missing teeth besides shifting and effects on gums?

my gums hurt and after an extraction, how many minths should you wait for you to put dentures?

What are the complications of missing teeth besides shifting and effects on gums?
Honey, I'm so glad you asked this question, because, you are reading from a person who's going through the very same thing this month. So, I have a little insight that might help you, with your situation. First of all if you liked your teeth, when they were young %26amp; healthy, make sure, whats left of them, for them to do, an impression first, of your old teeth, and tell them the ones that aren't there, lookes just like the opposits side, (that is if you have the same problem, as I do). Then, once they've done the impression of your teeth, you will get two options, atleast my dentist gave me two options, and most dentists, do, do this. You can either opt, to wait until the "healing" is all done, than get your denture, or have them put in, the same day, they pull your teeth!! I'm not kidding! And what you do, is you do your liquid medicines in between during throughout the day, but you have them, thats the main thing! See, I'm a "full-time" student, so I didn't want to go to school with no top teeth, especially when I do alot of contributing to questions, being asked in all of my classes! Can you imagine, my teacher, calling on me, for an answer, and all the looks I'd get with no top teeth!! Ha-Ha! Not funny, I'd be "Blushing from ear to ear"!! I was so worried about that part, but now, I dont have to, because, I told him same day, PLEASE! And when you get home just take them out, and treat them with the medicine then put them back in, and repeat this process! I also heard, its better to get them in, the same day, because something about the gums, will, heal to the shape of the denture.Oh, also, request that they cut the first the first front four teeth's gums, on the dentures, because otherwise, they will look fake, and ask them for "Ridges, for the Roof" of the new denture, otherwise, all you eat, will just slip, around in there. As for care of your abstracts, now, I'd do the hydrogen peroxide, washes, that'll help keep them clean, and try your best to eat things like yogurt, pudding, baby food, even anything soft, and slippery, until you get your holes, completely healed. And they will heal faster then you think, if you take proper care to do the washings.. Oh, warm salt water, washes, very gently.. Thats what it is! Not hydrogen peroxide, I'm sorry. I stand correcting myself here... Definately lots of salt, in a really clean glass, not plastic, plastic, obsorbs germs, and body temperature warm water, and repeat, this about as often as you can take it.. The more you do it, the faster they will heal !! Oh, and to get rid of that yukky salt taste out of your mouth, use, warm water, to rinse it off of your tongue and mouth, but only after you left the salt water sitting in the holes a couple minutes, at a time, after each drink... Good-Luck, to you, before you know it, you are going to be smiling again, and so will I, I cant wait !! I'm so happy, for you !! And dont be embarrassed, its apart of life, and anyone that makes you feel awkward, or uncomfortable, about it, just tell them, in a few years they'll be having it done too, so leave you alone! Smile, it'll all be just "Wonderful" before we both know it !!!
Reply:One other complication is with the opposing tooth. This is the one used to bite against the tooth that is missing. That tooth needs to have an opposing tooth or it can go bad. I say 'can' because I've had 2 back, unoppossing teeth for years. They do no good because the opposing tooth is gone, but they've not been a problem either.



opera mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net