Wednesday, May 13, 2009

How does an orthadontist work around with braces when u got two teeth missing??

Im in the process of receieving braces and i have two teeth missing but my orthadontist didnt think to much of it at least he never mentioned anything to me .. do they just work around the teeth that are missing or how do they go about it... just curious?? does anyone else have teeth missing and received braces

How does an orthadontist work around with braces when u got two teeth missing??
I had a couple baby teeth still when I had mine put on, and they just didn't put a bracket, and they held the space while I was without a tooth. They know what they are doing. I was like 12 when this all happened, so I don't really remember much, but I know everything turned out fine... well until recently when my wisdom teeth popped up and shifted my teeth all out of wack.





Good luck. Listen to the doctor.
Reply:I had four teeth with no brackets on them when I first got braces. It is very easy and normal to get braces before all of your adult teeth are in.





The process is just like normal. The orthodontist cements little metal squares with gruves that hold an archwire in place to each of your teeth, but it this case, the orthodontist will skip the spaces right to the next normal tooth. The wire will run beside the space without touching it and will be fed into the next bracket available. Simple as that.





To see a diagram and terminology of braces, visit this page:


http://www.tanos.co.uk/braces/bkb/main.p...





Good luck!



flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net