Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Missing some teeth???

I'm missing my 12 year molars, a tooth in the front, and my wisdom teeth. No gaps are noticable, they just didn't come in. Trust me, I'm too old to get any new teeth now. Is this a condition to worry about???

Missing some teeth???
Some people are just born that way. It's genetic.


You could get implants and braces, but since you said you have no gaps, I woudn't worry about it.


I worked several years as a dental assistant, and have seen this quite a few times. There is a name for it, but I dont remember what its called.


You're not alone.
Reply:While it's possible that these teeth did not really develop, I suggest that you have a panoramic radiograph taken. It's possible that the teeth are there but are impacted. That means that they did not erupt because of some form of obstruction. Impacted teeth can be troublesome. Some studies claim that up to 10% of them may develop cysts and other conditions. Your wisdom teeth are due to erupt when you're between 17-23 years of age.



computers

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net