Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Face change from 2 missing teeth, maxilla recession, lopsided face?

I had a problem when I was younger and had a cist formed above one of my teeth, the tooth was removed but caused my wisdom tooth to stay in my upper gum. After going to multiple dentists and oral surgeons, I was told that I didn't have to remove the wisdom tooth. But after doing some research the upper maxilla (or the jaw bone where two of the teeth would have been) is affecting my face shape. It is looking sunken in on one side, while the other side of my face is normal.





After reviewing with an oral surgeon, I only notice my face shape change to something I could notice, when my wisdom tooth came in on my opposite side (the side where I didn't have any teeth removed).





I have removed my lower wisdom tooth and have scheduled a time to remove the upper wisdom tooth on the side that seems to be "puffy" or "normal."





I don't want my face to be lopsided, and afraid that just removing the wisdom tooth will do nothing. What can I do to fix what has happened?

Face change from 2 missing teeth, maxilla recession, lopsided face?
Orthodontists deal with facial appearance (not just straight teeth like most people think [= ) and they work closely with oral surgeons in some cases to get the best result. You should go for a couple consultations with orthodontists in your area and tell them about your concerns, most orthodontists offer free consultations.



cheapest web hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net